Summer is almost over, it’s time to transition your wardrobe to autumn! The trends for the upcoming season are unambiguous: more intuitive interface will be a must! The additions will be dominated by: simplified views, identification without an email address, integration with the Revolut card. Let’s review what new came to our Qalcwise wardrobe with the implementation of the 1.4 platform version.
Along with raising the Qalcwise platform to version 1.4, all subscribers received access to improvements and functionalities that make using the application even easier.
These are the changes that have been included in the latest update:
1) CHANGING THE EMPLOYEES VIEW OF THE MAIN BOARD
Your main screen on the Qalcwise platform may look different! Take advantage of our new ‘Table’ view functionality and review the applications in any layout you like. To enable it, on the main board next to the View icon select -‘Table ‘/’ GridView ‘.
Each employee can take advantage of the functionalities of the new view, such as:
- Columns; we select only the columns whose data we are interested in (NOTE: if you lack data, please inform our consultant)
- Filters; using appropriate filters for conclusions from a given process, we can display only those that meet the selected criteria
- Sorting; we can filter the applications e.g. by the date of last acceptance
- Row height; we can individually set the height of the displayed rows with requests
2) EMAIL DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THE MAIN EMPLOYEE IDENTIFIER
Until now, the main identifier for the employee was the email address. This was a problem when the employee’s email changed, e.g. when the employee changed his name. To solve this problem there has been a new field IDENTIFIER which will be the main employee ID. Then we log in with the identifier and not by email. Existing Customers have copied values from the EMAIL column to the IDENTER column.
CURRENTUSEREMAIL NEED TO RETURN UNIQUE VALUES! Therefore, designers should search for users using the formula = CURRENTUSERID () not CURRENTUSEREMAIL ()! The CREATEDBY () formula also returns the user ID and not the email. Sent emails can be sent for the ID field, it doesn’t necessarily have to be the employee’s email.
3) COLLECT ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS
The new view of the main user table ‘Table’ (item 1) allows you to speed up the approval process by using the new collective acceptance functionality. It’s enough to select the applications in which we are editors that are in the same state – then the above table with applications will light up the buttons leaving the given state. After clicking the appropriate button, the selected applications will be processed and changed their status.
4) SENDING ATTACHMENT FROM THE APPLICATION IN MAIL
The new “Attachments” parameter appeared in the “Send e-mail” action step. Add a list of attachments to those that we have added to files, and Qalcwise adds these attachments to the email you send. Importantly, thanks to our new “Create csv attachment from section” step, we can send data with parts that are completed (to chceck how tu use it see point 12).
5) EMPLOYEES INDIVIDUALLY DECIDE WHICH PLATFORM MAIL NOTIFICATIONS THEY WANT RECEIVE
In the latest version of the platform, each employee can decide in his profile settings (upper right corner) which notifications from the platform he wants to receive and which he wants to opt out. Just select the ones you are interested in and press the ‘Save Changes’ button.
6) QALCWISE IS INTEGRATED WITH THE REVOULT CARD
Permanent integration with the Revolut card has been added to the Qalcwise platform. It is a free payment card that helps to avoid adverse currency conversions. It also allows you to conveniently pay abroad without additional fees and commissions. More information about the card here. Contact us if you are interested in this topic and we will give you more information.
7) DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE LOGIN AND PASSWORD FOR THE PLATFORM? USE THE SSO!
Customers with an Enterprise plan can integrate through SSO. Employees logging in to their company intranet, for example, can be automatically logged in to the Qalcwise platform. Contact us if you are interested in this topic and we will provide you with more information.
8) FACILITATION FOR VIEWING ADDED ATTACHMENTS
Until now it was possible to download the attachment only in the next state, as the application with the added attachment was processed (changed its state) – now we can download it directly after adding to the attachments section without having to change the state.
9) NEW OPTION IN USER PROFILE – REPLACEMENT FUNCTION FOR EVERYONE
Each employee, after enabling their profile settings (upper right corner), will be able to set up a replacement for themselves during their absence. Previously, only people who were platform administrators could manage substitutions. The only difference is that the employee will be able to set up a replacement only for themselves. Administrators will still be able to manage the substitution settings for everyone.
10) CALENDAR IN POLISH
If you are disturbed by the names of months and days in the date field in English, we have good news. From now on, months are also in Polish!
11) EASY TO MOVE APPLICATIONS BETWEEN PLATFORMS
To facilitate the work of Designers, the functionality of transferring applications between platforms has been added. We can use new functions such as “Export app definition” – which will make the application download to our computer in json format, and then we can use the “Import app definition” functionality thanks to which you can import the previously exported file with the application to our target platform. This will make it easier to check if a particular section or table exists in your application.
12) CHANGE THE BUTTON NAME WITH FORMULA
Buttons have become more flexible! From now on, we can freely change the name of the “Button” widget by the appropriate formula. This is not a rigid / permanent name as before.
13) NEW ACTION STEPS HAVE APPEARED
Export from section to .csv – this action allows you to create a csv file with linked sections.
- Section; enter the name of the section from which we will export data.
- Separator; enter the separator that will separate the values in the exported file.
- Export headers; takes the parameter = true or = false depending on whether we want to export section headers.
- Export hidden columns; takes the parameter = true or = false depending on whether we want to export hidden columns or not.
Export from database / Import to database – these actions allow you to modify data in the table / list from the designer (not those from the application) by importing a new file (Import file) or exporting data from an existing table (Export from the database).
Join tables – this action allows you to combine data from two tables into one. Each row from the first table is combined with each row from the second table and inserted into the resulting section. Only data from columns that have the same header in the source section as in the resulting section will be moved. The result set must have the option selected in the “Modify rows” properties. Please note that the columns in the result table to which we transfer values must be editable.
- Source section 1; enter the name of the section of the first table from which you want to combine data
- Filter column 1; optional field, boolean value of the column address. Only rows with true in this column will be moved to the result table. If you do not enter this parameter, then all rows will be moved.
- Source section 2; enter the name of the section of the second table with which you will want to combine data
- Filter column 2; optional field, boolean column address. Only rows with true in this column will be moved to the result table. If you do not enter this parameter, then all rows will be moved.
- Result section; section in which the resulting data from two tables will be located.
Create csv attachment from the section – this action allows you to create an attachment from the section and add it to the section with attachments. This is a useful step if you want to send data from a spreadsheet or table in the email as an attachment.
- Data section; here we give the name of the section from which we will want to create a csv file
- Attachments section; we give the name of the section with attachments where we will want to put our csv file
- File name; we give the name of the created csv file
- Headlines; enter ARRAY () with values that will take headers
- Culture code; PL or EN values should be provided. This affects the date format, the decimal separator in numbers, and the value separator in the csv file.
Perform action in other apps – this action allows you to call actions from one application in another.
To perform an action on another application’s requests, you must be an editor in those applications.
- App section; here enter the name of the table to which we have connected the application in which we will want to perform the given action; thanks to this, the application knows for which applications from a given application it should trigger a specific change
- Filter; here we enter the name of the column which filters us the appropriate applications. The action will remain made only for those applications which have a logical value = true in this column.
- Action name; enter the name of the action that will be performed in the second application.
14) NEW FORMULAS HAVE ARRIVED
APPID – This formula returns the unique identifier of a given application. We can be useful when searching for data in reports.
REPLACE – Replaces all instances of the specified passages in the text corresponding to them with new values.
- Text; enter the fragment in which we want to exchange values,
- Old value; value / array of fragments to be replaced,
- New value; enter the value. / array of fragments that will be inserted in place of the corresponding old values.
A good application of this formula is, e.g. getting rid of Polish characters from the given texts Ł -> L.
15) NEW FUNCTIONALITY – ALIGNMENT OF CONTENTS IN A CONTAINER
From now on you can manage whether the content displayed in the container is aligned left, center, right. Just select the appropriate option in the properties of the section.
16) CHANGING THE DISPLAY IN THE DEVELOPED LIST AND AUTO-COMPLETE
After entering the text in the field, the values from the list containing the fragment entered by the user are prompted – so far the values starting from the entered fragment have been returned. New search is easier because we don’t have to remember the exact search value.
17) MORE FLEXIBLE DOWNLOADING OF NBP COURSES
The NBPExchangeRates action step can insert values not only into a single cell as before but also into a column from the table. By adding one action step, we can download rates for any number of currencies. This affects the acceleration of work on the side of the application designer, because he does not have to add 4 action steps if he wants to download a course for four currencies – just one, attached to the table containing currencies.
18) ADDING NEW PARAMETERS AT THE IMAGE WIDGET
New parameters have been added to the ‘Image’ widget:
- Hide on blackboard – checking the checkbox means that images added to this section will not be visible on the main board
- Image limit – means the maximum number of images in the section. If you want to allow the addition of any number of images, leave this field blank.
- Scaling – determines how to scale the added images to this section.
- Alignment – means how to align added images
19) FASTER COMPLETION OF EDITABLE FIELDS
Until now, by pressing ‘TAB’ we could move between editable fields only for a given section, not for the whole application view. Now by pressing the ‘TAB’ button on the keyboard the system will automatically jump between all visible editable fields – this will increase the speed of filling in the applications by employees.
20) CHANGE OF ACTION STEP ACTION – “DISTRIBUTE APP”
The distribution action now distributes the application also if the user column is empty. Until now, the application skipped empty users from the distribution table and did not create any instances for them. If we do not provide an editor then it will be set according to the workflow steps of the distributed application.
21) FROM NOW WE CAN USE THE ISMOBILE () FOR WOKFLOW
From now on, application designers can use the ismobile () formula in both the application form and workflow.
22) POSSIBILITY OF FORWARDING ATTACHMENTS BY THE API
Attachments can now be uploaded via the API! Application example: a new invoice from the supplier enters our company system. It can automatically create a new task on the Qalcwise platform with a request to assign the appropriate approver.
Whew! That’s all. How do you like the autumn set in your wardrobe? You won’t say now that you have nothing to wear! 😉